.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Behind My Nose

A bitter, yet heady bouquet of outwardly focused criticism, observation and praise.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States

I'm a leftist bookseller, writer and sometimes activist. I'm not "high-energy," "outgoing," or "outdoorsy," nor do I enjoy sports (except for watching football) or other pointless activities such as kayaking, entertaining large groups of acquaintances in my home or tossing pointy objects at targets. I love to write short fiction & essays. I love laughing really hard and breathing fresh air. I'm a transman. I live with my partner, Kris, a narcoleptic bulldog, a hound dog and a cat.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Augusten Burroughs' Ginger Ale

I'm sitting at my desk drinking a can of Dr. Brown's Ginger Ale because Augusten Burroughs didn't drink it which I find just a little offensive because I rushed across the street from the bookstore to Kopperman's deli to get it for him. I read on his website that he drinks Ginger Ale by the gallon and thought that to make up for possibly being neurotic enough to send him back into raging alcoholism I would spring for this little gift.

I don't even like Kopperman's.

Anyway, the Ginger Ale is good. The booksigning he had here was good. I read both of his books just after he appeared here. Now I'm convinced I'm a raging alcoholic. I decided to see if I could refrain from any alcohol imbibment for one month. Then I laughed at that attempt and cut it down to a week.

I had a Guiness last night. Two and a half days isn't bad, and besides it was the Cardinals/Astros game. I needed a beer.


My guess is that Augusten only likes his Ginger Ale of choice, Blenheim, and Dr. Brown's is too weird to drink.

1 Comments:

Blogger mandygreene3989 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Friday, January 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home